In addition to preparing delicious foods, helping children to be mentally comfortable and happy to enjoy those meals is also an important factor for babies to eat better.
- Let your baby go to the market/supermarket, let him/her choose the foods he/she likes
- Let your baby take part in preparing foods.
- Let your baby eat with their hands.
- Let the baby eat with family.
- Establish healthy eating habits from an early age
- Support the baby’s digestive system
- Increase the roughness at the right time
Let your baby go to the market/supermarket, let him/her choose the foods he/she likes
Children will be very excited when their parents let them take part in the shopping or supermarket. Children can also choose the foods they like by themselves. Thereby, the babies also have the opportunity to learn more about vegetables and meat. Parents can immediately suggest foods according to their baby’s taste or a new dish, they will surely be very excited when eating meals.
Let your baby take part in preparing foods.
With the children. when they are assigned to the task, they will be very excited. Depending on the age of the baby, parents can decide the suitable tasks for baby: picking and washing vegetables, peeling onions, boiling eggs, preparing bowls, learning to use cutlery, … This is a good way for babies to Practice some skills to be more skillful. You will be amazed to see how delicious your baby is when the food is a part of his labor.
Let your baby eat with their hands.
Children are in the stage of developing vision and touch, so when the baby is lazy to hold the spoon or chopsticks, the parents just let the child naturally eat it. Even parents actively teach their children, for example, “if this dish can be eaten by hand, it will be more delicious”. Just one small change can make your baby feel better. But parents please pay attention to remind children to wash their hands thoroughly before eating to avoid bacterial infection in the abdomen.
Let the baby eat with family.
Family meals bring a warm and happy feeling so that your baby eats more. Parents can comfort children with small “fast food competitions”. Let your baby eat with the family, he/she will also imitate adults eating new and richer foods. At the same time, this is also a way to help children develop better senses and brain.
Establish healthy eating habits from an early age
My principle is that when eating solids, babies need to be familiar with a variety of foods from time to time, so they will find the appeal of each food. In order to forge your baby to eat well, it is necessary for him to sit in a chair, wash his hands, and form a fixed eating habit, fixed with meals. Absolutely for children under 1 year old, children should not be fed sharply, disrupting their biological time to eat – sleep – play, leading to no hunger reflex when it is time to eat.
And also should not let your baby eat many meals, each stage needs to be divided into baby meals as follows:
- Phase 1 (6-7 months): 1 complementary meal/day. No other fruit or yogurt is required. Focus on feeding your baby on a single meal of the day.
- Phase 2 (8-9 months): 2 complementary meals/day, morning and evening. No need for extra fruit or yogurt.
- Phase 3 (9-11 months): 2 complementary meals/day, morning and evening. A snack (fruit, whey) in the afternoon when waking up.
- Phase 4 (12 months): 3 complementary meals/day, morning, lunch, dinner. Milk and extra fruits depend on your baby’s needs. Note, keep the milks.
Support the baby’s digestive system
A healthy child’s digestive system will help stimulate appetite and better absorb nutrients. You can add good gut bacteria with digestive-stimulating yogurts to your child’s snacks.
Or parents can add enzymes, digestive enzymes (such as α- Amylase, Protease, Lactase, Lipase), vitamins (vitamins B-1,2,6,12; vitamin C; vitamin D), colostrum (Colostrum) and essential minerals (zinc, Selene …) for the baby’s body.
Increase the roughness at the right time
- Starting stage (6-7 months): Baby food should be pureed, with a suitable liquid, soft, and smooth. With porridge or tubers – the appropriate liquid is yogurt, tilt the spoon into a stream. With fish meat, mothers should be frozen and then use a small knife, minced to puree, mixed with water for meat, fish does not clump, steamed so that the baby is easy to eat.
- Second stage (8-9 months): Increase the coarse from puree to minced, chopped. Porridge can be crushed, cooked thicker, and tilted the spoon to not flow anymore. Vegetables, diced fruits. Fish meat can be minced.
- Stage three (9-11 months): Switch from broken seed porridge to whole grains, thick, tilted spoon does not flow. Chopped vegetables, tubers, fruits and meat
- Stage four (12 months): Convert porridge to crushed rice, food processed by family, leave the whole piece.
If your baby does not eat, feel free to cut that meal, so that the baby is hungry, please not to comfort or intimidate the baby. You need to be patient to follow a weaning method you have chosen, don’t give up, don’t worry when you see that your child is not gaining weight or showing cooperation in a certain time. Try to remember: Raising a child is about making them healthy and happy. Eating, they have a lifetime!